Careers in Sales
We employ over 4,500 sales professionals, over a third in the UK and growing. You'll find a wide range of job opportunities that cover all sizes of customers and markets. These include desk advisors, desk based and field account managers, sales specialists, and sales managers. Client partners look after our larger customers.
With vacancies all over the world, sales is very much seen as a profession that has a significant focus on personal development and outstanding opportunities for career progression.
From the moment you join you'll begin your sales journey. You'll be provided with an amazing induction to welcome you to BT. We'll support you in developing your sales skills, fostering the right sales pitches & methodologies to sell the best solution to our current and future customers.
It's absolutely in our interests that you have every chance to achieve your full potential. Opportunities to grow and develop don't just come along at the beginning - they're a feature of your entire career. Your career opportunities will be limited only by your own ambition & abilities.
We'll make sure that you'll be supported with continuous coaching and the tools to drive your own career and development. So, whether you're looking to gain experience across our different customer categories or progress upwards in your sales career, your career is in your hands.
Here are some of the core roles and the responsibilities so you know what we're looking for:
- Roles manage the relationship with a defined list of current customers, looking to grow BT's share of their planned spend.
- Roles are responsible for identifying new opportunities, across the full portfolio of our products and services, and defence of current contracts.
- Roles may be either field or desk based.
- Roles are responsible for winning 'new logo' customers, identifying and closing opportunities across the whole portfolio of BT products and services.
- 'New logo' customers are defined as those where BT currently accounts for less than 5% share of the customer's planned spend.
- Some roles will focus on supporting Account Managers when larger opportunities are identified, often leading the sales effort in that account while the opportunity is live.
- Roles may be either field or desk-based.
- Roles provided either product-specific technical input into the sales process or technical input to create a compelling solution which meets the customer's needs.
- Roles work alongside Account Management or Acquisition to develop and close new opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Roles will be focused on one product/service or type of product/service.
- Contact Centre roles responsible for sales or retention of a defined product set within new and existing Small & Medium Enterprise customers.
- Roles will be either Inbound or Outbound in nature
Indirect partner management
- Roles responsible for the management of BT's relationship with either exclusive or non-exclusive partners that re-sell BT products and services.
- Roles will also provide ad-hoc sales support, on strategic or technical sales, to the partners they manage.
- The performance of the role holder will be based on the performance against specified targets of the indirect partners they manage.