2016 Tech4Good Awards finalists announced
20 June 2016
The Tech4Good awards showcase the amazing people who use digital technology to make the world a better place.
This is the 6th year of the Tech4Good Awards, which are organised by national charity AbilityNet and supported by BT.
We’ve been involved in the awards since they launched in 2011 and over the last 6 years there have been some fantastic entries showcasing stunning examples of the good that technology can do.
This year, we’re giving prizes in two award categories - the BT MyDonate fundraising award, for technical innovation in fundraising, and the BT Young Pioneer award, which supports our tech literacy programme.
Find out more about each of the finalists below:
BT MyDonate Award
- Playmob – a gaming platform to make fundraising simple
- TheGivingMachine – a way to raise money for charity through sales transactions
- Neighbourly – an innovative way to connect community projects, charities and more
- Macmillan eCards – raising money for Macmillan through eCards
BT Young Pioneer Award
- WeKonnekt – a new app to connect young carers
- eWATERPay – helping to monitor essential water-pumps in sub-Saharan Africa
- Femi Owolade-Coombes – a 10 year old boy who teaches code
- Arnav Sharma – helping asthma sufferers measure air quality
There is also the People’s Award, which can be awarded to any of the finalists. Visit the Tech4Good Awards website to see all the nominees and cast your vote!