Eight ways to warmer winter fundraising
Fundraising can often be a serious business. It typically involves weeks of training and preparation and time spent outdoors. But not all fundraising has to be this way.
As the nights draw in and the temperature drops , we have come up with some fundraising suggestions that are just that bit more snug and warm…
- Hold a bake off or ‘come dine’ competition at home, work or just between friends.
- Get crafty. Do sponsored knits, patchwork, quilting or whatever you can turn your hand to.
- How about doing chores for charitable donations? Washing up, ironing or bed making to name a few.
- Give up a favourite food or drink for a noticeable period of time and raise money for your efforts.
- Or do the opposite – a sponsored eat where you fill up on something you don’t normally like. Think brussels sprouts, cold beans…
- Sponsored silences are a good way for children to raise money for their favourite charity and create some peace and harmony for their parents.
- Brighten up a dull winter day with crazy haircuts, colours or styles for a day, week or month.
- Work the wardrobe – wear clothes to school or work of one chosen colour or theme. You could even have an inside-out or back-to-front day. Never underestimate the power of pyjamas either.
So, if there’s something here that you fancy, get planning and set up your fundraising page on MyDonate. Remember, you don’t have to attempt something alone – get your work colleagues, friends or family together to increase the impact of fundraising and share the pain (or embarrassment) of your activity.
And don’t forget, MyDonate is the free fundraising service where 100 per cent of the money you donate or fundraise goes to charity.