New features that make fundraising even easier
Whether you’re running a marathon dressed as a giraffe or climbing a summit for charity, it’s good to know that by using commission-free MyDonate, the money you raise goes further.
And now, there’s three new online features that give you more fundraising options.
1. Make your fundraising page stand out by uploading a banner image and extra gallery pictures
You can now personalise your page even further by adding a landscape banner image to the top.
Uploading images is easy and you can change and add extra pictures at any time. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Login to MyDonate
- Click ‘My Account’
- Click ‘Current fundraising pages’
- Select the page you want and then click ‘Edit’
- Click ‘Next step’, scroll down to the section which allows you to browse and upload photos. The extra image options are to upload a banner image, event image or some extra gallery images
- Continue through the steps for editing your page until you have completed (you don’t need to edit any of the other details unless you want to)
The best size for the banner image is a landscape photo, 647px wide by 363px high.
2. Fundraise for more than one charity
BT MyDonate is the first UK online donation service that gives fundraisers the option of having up to six charities benefitting from their fundraising page.
Just add your chosen charities when creating your page and we’ll split the donations across your nominated causes, with any remainder going to the first charity in your selection.
As the donations come in, you’ll see an overall total on your fundraising page which is the combined amount you’ve raised across all your chosen charities.
And if the charities you’ve picked have registered to receive Gift Aid, we’ll also collect this for them free of charge.
3. Set up a single or regular donation
Whatever the size of your budget, MyDonate has made it simple to give securely on a regular basis.
When making a donation you now have the option of a ‘regular’ or ‘single’ payment.
You can now choose to make a regular donation each month on the date you select for your charity. This is set up as a direct debit that you can cancel at any time.
It’s really as simple as that and as MyDonate doesn’t charge any processing fees or commission your charity will receive up to 63p more for every £10 donated when compared to other online platforms.
Meaning you’re making a bigger difference.
Your fundraising page is mobile optimised too so your supporters can donate easily from their mobile devices.