Shave the date: It's Movember time!
It’s time to kick off the hairiest month of the year. November sees men across the world cultivate their facial hair to raise funds and awareness for men’s health.
This year’s campaign is fronted by TV fitness guru Mr Motivator, who wants everyone to #MOVEforMovember.
‘Move or Mo. Save a Bro’ encourages both men and women to get active and move every day for the 30 days of Movember – with no move too big or small.
Of course the traditional Movember moustache challenge is also happening. Men who step up (Mo Bros), start clean shaven on 1 November to grow and groom their moustache for 30 days. So everyone has the choice to Move or Mo for Movember.
5 top tips for a marvellous moustachterpiece
Thin and wispy or thick and full, we’ve put together five fun crumb catcher designs for you to contemplate. We’ll help you avoid a furry faux pas so you can shape your whiskers with pride.
- If you’re attempting a full on Hulk Hogan horseshoe, add some fuzzy fun to the mix and throw in some long sideburns.
- For a Jimi Hendrix look, let the edges grow out onto the cheeks, then sit back and channel your inner rock star.
- If swashbuckling is more your thing, there’s the iconic Zorro lip-tickler. Just arch your eyebrows, grab a cape and you’re all set.
- The Walrus is not for the fainthearted. Yosemite Sam didn’t care that he wore the same moustache as a sea mammal, and he had to deal with Bugs Bunny every day.
- For the classic Magnum, otherwise known as The Chevron, you need to be blessed with particularly good soup strainer genes. Invest in a ‘stache comb and who knows, maybe you could get your own TV show set in Hawaii.
Whatever style you pick, remember to let everyone know it’s really easy to give to your hirsute efforts with MyDonate. Just put down your razor, set up your free fundraising page and share your link through email, Facebook and Twitter. It’s as simple as that.
No Mo? No problemo
If you can’t Mo, how about the MOVEforMovember challenge? Make a commitment to get active and move for the 30 days of November. Perhaps move differently - take the stairs instead of the lift, hop to the break area, skip to the school, or salsa to the station.
The Movember movement:
A hairy tale The Movember journey began in 2003 with a few mates in a pub in Melbourne, Australia. The goal was simple – to bring back the moustache, encourage conversations and awareness about men’s heath, have fun along the way, and motivate men to take action for their wellness.
Since 2004 the Movember Foundation has run annual Movember events, inspiring support from over 5 million ‘Mo Bros’ and ‘Mo Sistas’ around the world.
The Movember movement has grown to be a truly global one, with 832 men’s health projects funded worldwide since 2003 and £402m raised to date.
Market your moustache
Whether you’re committing to growing your best moustache or Moving for Movember, if you’re raising money with MyDonate we’d love to hear about it. Don’t forget to send us a picture and we may show off your efforts on the MyDonate website and Facebook page.