New year new fundraising ideas
A new year brings some great fundraising opportunities – perhaps the chance to beat that personal best in the marathon, or simply the chance to raise more money for your favourite charity.
Sometimes it’s tricky to come up with some fresh ideas, particularly if you’ve been doing the same event year after year. Why not make use of one of the UK’s many national awareness weeks and just put your own spin on it? Alternatively, you can make the most of seasonal events such as Easter or Burns night by having your own bit of fundraising fun. No sportiness required!
Here at MyDonate HQ we’ve put together a few ideas that will help you get creative with your fundraising, whatever the season.
- Pay tribute to Scottish poet Robert Burns with a fundraising Burns Supper on Saturday 25th January. Don’t forget the haggis and Scotch whisky.
- Shrove Tuesday falls on March 4th this year. Raise some serious dough with a sponsored pancake dash.
- Saturday 28th June is Armed Forces Day. Why not get together with your neighbours and hold a ‘Best of British’ themed street or garden party? You could ask people to donate an entry fee for your favourite charity.
- If you’ve got young children then you could raise funds (and eyebrows) with a mad hatter’s tea party this summer.
- Pass the Cabernet Savignon. As the dark nights draw in, and the warm fireplace beckons, consider hosting a cheese and wine evening to raise funds for your favourite charity.
- At Christmas, there’s nothing more festive than donning your fluffy beards and putting your best boot forward for the annual santa dash.
Whatever your fundraising fun this year, remember that, with MyDonate’s free fundraising service, 100 per cent of funds you raise go straight to charity. Simply sign-up, choose your charity and create your free fundraising page. Don’t forget, we’ve also created a handy hints and tips guide to help you publicise your event and make the most of your fundraising activities.