Careers in Engineering
We have opportunities for you to build your career with us in engineering, field services, network management.
Vehicle technicians and fleet management
We have ambitious plans to really shake up what a fleet management business can do. Backed by the power of BT you'll have a really bright future ahead of you. Read on to see what we have to offer, if you match up to our exacting requirements, we'd love to hear from you.
You'll be part of an award-winning fleet management, vehicle maintenance and accident support service to some of the most recognisable vehicle fleets in the UK. Our customers are some of the UK's best known companies including BT, Openreach, The AA, EDF, E.ON, G4S, National Grid, Network Rail, Post Office, Thames Water and Wales & West Utilities.
You'll be helping us maintain over 80,000 vehicles in one of 500 nationwide garages. We're offering competitive salaries and you'll get toolkit with additional training from multiple vehicle manufacturers.
What makes us unique?
Beyond our brilliant people, there are four factors that make us unique in the vehicle maintenance market:
- Operator status - We have first-hand experience of managing one of the largest and most complex fleets in the industry - Openreach. Customers appreciate that we understand their challenges.
- Our garage network - With a nationwide network of garages we provide customers with the flexiblity to meet their needs and ensure the quality of service they come to expect from BT Fleet.
- Technology leadership - As part of the BT Group we're obviously passionate about the use of cutting edge technology that helps our technicians provide customers with real time insight, all backed by BT's passion for reliability and commitment to data security.
- Connected infrastructure - BT Fleet is part of BT Wholesale and Ventures line of business. This creates amazing opportunities to provide customers with state of the art solutions such as combining BT Fleets capability with BT Supply chain capability. Something our competitors cannot match.
As part of our ambitious and exciting growth plans, BT Fleet have embarked on a recruitment drive to hire experienced motor vehicle technicians across our UK garage network.
Joining one of our teams carrying out motor vehicle repairs for BT internal and external customers. You'll take on all types of skilled work including reception (in the absence of the technician in charge), inspection, maintenance, repair and service of all types of vehicular, non-vehicular mechanical aids and components.
Skills and experience
- Must be qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Experienced in carrying out all classes of skilled work involving inspection and maintenance
- Experienced with modern diagnostic equipment and vehicle technology
- Preferably qualified to carry out Department of Transport (MOT) testing duties
- Computer literate
If you wish to accelerate your career, join a winning team and you share our passion for delivering a total customer experience then we would love to hear from you. If you know anyone that would be interested in joining BT Fleet, we would love to hear from them too. We offer successful candidates an attractive salary and benefits package which includes:
- Starting salary:
- Technician £27,901
- Technician-in-Charge £29,725
- Workshop Supervisor £30,978
- 10% - garage based incentive bonus scheme
- 22 days holidays
- Overtime incentive
- Sick pay
- £1000 'uncapped' refer a friend scheme
- Pension programme
- Where do we include things like broadband, BT Sport, shares etc.
BT Fleet will also provide you will a toolkit and additional training is provided for multiple vehicle manufacturers.