HR & Finance
Payroll Administrator Apprentice
We have exciting opportunity to join us as an Apprentice Payroll Administrator. You will work as part of a team who are located within our central Birmingham office. There will be a fully structured learning programme to follow, and the help and assistance of mentors who will be there to move you forward and develop your capabilities.
Payroll administrators within BT will, typically, have some of the following responsibilities:
- Input all Payroll changes/updates correctly authorised/approved to the UK Payroll system within agreed timescales.
- Carry out Quality checks as requested by SME.
- Respond to 3rd party or employee requests in accordance with Data Protection rules.
- Handle 2nd line queries passed to back office from Helpdesk within agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Transaction input and validate all changes for payroll from BT Employee, HR, Line Managers, automatic Interfaces, HMRC and 3rd Parties.
- Carry out manual calculations for Overpayments, absences, arrears and Pay reviews. Ensure recovery details are passed to HR within agreed timescales.
- Calculate Pension deductions in accordance with Pension Capping rules.
- Clear all rejections from interface downloads for Overtime, EPIC rejections and HMRC.
- Resolve 2nd line queries and escalations within agreed SLA's from Helpdesk or group email boxes.
- Clear all error reports identified by the Payroll run by Close Of Play on retry day.
- Chase Leaver Overpayments within agreed timescales and pass to Group Legal when required.
- Ensure all Pay Reviews are implemented in accordance with instructions from BT HR.
- Ensure all paperwork is filed and stored securely and within BT's retention policy.
So, if you have an interest in what goes on in the world of Payroll and you have a real passion and drive to learn how it all works, please apply below.
Advanced apprenticeship - You'll need a minimum of four GCSEs at grades 4-9 (C or above) including English Language and Math's
Our HR apprenticeship programmes offer the right candidates the opportunity to work in either a line of the business HR team where you will work within learning and development, leadership and talent, organisational design and organisational effectiveness or in Group Functions doing a number of front line HR roles including, HR case management adviser, recruitment adviser and within the HR systems and change team.
With first-hand experience of operational HR roles in a busy and dynamic environment you will have the opportunity to work towards a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development professionally recognised qualification.
You will be fully supported throughout the programme by a mentor to help you reach your maximum potential. We are looking for people like you that are passionate about a career with BT.
Our advanced HR Admin apprenticeship programme offers the chance to work within the Apprenticeship Development Team. Which plays an important role in supporting all of our lines of business and delivering an extremely diverse range of apprenticeship roles and levels. You will gain experience of Business Administration in a busy and dynamic environment as well as having the opportunity to work towards a professionally recognised qualification.
We value our people and we want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to succeed so the whole of BT can achieve its full potential. In joining our HR team, you'll gain professional experience and working knowledge in our HR team providing expert advice to line managers and employees across the globe.
HR - You will need to achieve (or be on course to achieved) a minimum of 4 GCSE's at grades 4 – 9 (GCSE C or above) including English Language and Maths.
HR Admin- You will need to achieve (or be on course to achieve) a minimum of 4 GCSE's at grades 3 – 9 (GCSE D or above) including English Language and Maths.
THIS SCHEME IS NOW CLOSED
Are you seeking a career in management accounting?
This is a fantastic opportunity that will enable you to gain valuable work experience and a worldwide recognised qualification in accounting while earning an attractive salary.
BT Group is seeking talented individuals to join us, post A levels, for a four to four and a half year rotational programme. While on the programme, BT will sponsor you to complete the relevant CIMA qualification (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants).
You'll need to be comfortable working with numbers and have strong problem solving skills. Effective communication skills are also very important, as you'll need to be able to communicate and influence people to help drive the right decisions and behaviours. From day one you will see what it's like to work in a fast-paced, exciting business environment.
There will be a fully structured learning programme to follow, and the help and assistance of mentors who will be there to move you forward and develop your capabilities. We also offer study leave in order that you can prepare and excel in your CIMA examinations.
For our degree programme you will need to achieve (or have achieved) 3 A-Level qualifications with a minimum of BBB grade by September 2019 (or equivalent qualifications). In addition, have a minimum of 5 GCSE's at grade 6-9 (B or above) including English Language and Maths
You will need to be totally committed to progressing to become a Chartered Management Accountant and will be seeking and ready for an accelerated finance programme to develop your skills.