Supply Chain Operations Executive
Our higher apprentice Supply Chain Operations executive play a role in supporting and delivering innovation in reverse supply chain programmes.
What you'll be doing:
- You start to take responsibility and identify improvements in service life management of product, material and services to ensure 'Repaired' product delivery time is improved, within agreed budgeted costs, to appropriate quality standards and to customer/sponsor satisfaction.
- Assisting in the negotiation and specification of technical processes designed to ensure the timely and cost effective delivery of solutions which meet a specified set of cost, quality and time metrics.
- The regular review and improvement of development processes that utilise partner resources and the adherence of all suppliers with the production and accuracy of output / production plans.
- Constantly review the product turnaround progress and activities to ensure they are delivered in line with the production plans.
- Identify and resolve planning / production issues and challenges using product Knowledge as necessary, to ensure performance is kept on track by maximising opportunities and minimising risks to the production plan.
- Develop operational plans and implement agreed strategy/policy, ensuring that resources are in place to enable objectives to be met.
- In conjunction with the After Sales Operations Manager and planning department continuously review processes, and manage improvements, to maximise the efficiency and responsiveness of third party repair operations.
- Liaise internally and externally across the business to achieve the effective integration of work, and develop an external network of professional contacts to maintain an up to date knowledge of consumer, competitor, and supplier developments.
- Detail and timely submission of claims on the 3pls / OEMs for non KPI adherence.
You'll need to achieve (or be on course to achieve) two A-Levels with a minimum of CC grades, including a STEM subject or equivalent. You'll also need a minimum of five GCSEs at grades 4-9 (C or above) including English Language and Maths.
Working as a full degree apprentice in our Supply Chain team you'll be responsible for supporting the Transformation & Inventory management team and their continuous improvement programme. You'll work with the management team on projects that address specific inventory issues and you will help deliver superior service to final customers. You'll be responsible for monitoring work in progress in your own area as well as associated operations including the ability to be flexible in supporting other areas of the team as required.
You'll help to drive and demonstrate the value that the Transformation & Inventory team is driving for the BT business and external customers.
You'll also be responsible for maintaining a safe working environment. As a 'Zero Harm' organisation safety will need to be at the heart of everything you do. You'll need to have a good understanding of safety and know when and where to obtain safety advice.
Training and Support:
With our training and ongoing support you'll not only learn the ropes but you'll develop personally too;
- Stakeholder Management, Influencing and Communication Skills including but not limited to customers, suppliers and operations.
- You'll be able to monitor the quality and quantity of work completed, carrying out any necessary checks.
- You'll be able to support data tasks and ensure that appropriate data “housekeeping” is maintained to a high standard.
- You'll be a competent operator of all appropriate work based systems relevant to your role / area.
Full degree – you'll need to achieve (or be on course to achieve) three A-Level's with a minimum of BCC grades. You'll also need to have a minimum of five GCSE's at grades 4 – 9 (GCSE C or above) including English Language and Maths. You'll need to achieve these grades by Sept 2019.
As an apprentice Distribution Driver you will support BT Supply Chain to deliver world class logistics. By carrying out duties as defined by the Transport Operations Manager or Team Leader. Making them responsible for the delivery and collection of orders to internal and external customers using the BT values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant.
Some of the task you will be doing will include
- Driving articulated or rigid vehicles up to 44 tonnes including carrier vehicles such as Moffetts, ensuring timely and safe completion of collection and deliveries.
- Complying with health and safety regulations throughout the entire working day, from loading and unloading of the vehicle to completing daily vehicle safety checks.
- Regularly maintain contact with your team leader to update them on your day to day tasks.
- Submit tacho information on a daily basis to comply with health and safety legislation.
Haydock, Glasgow, Cardiff, Chelmsford & Bracknell
You won't need any formal qualifications, but a good level of literacy and numeracy would be a distinct advantage. You'll also need a full UK drivers licence.