Hundreds of our people across Europe are gearing up to spread some festive cheer
20 December 2017
And they all have one thing at the top of their Christmas lists – volunteering.
In Germany, employees are supporting a Christmas tree campaign to help children and families who need a little extra help at Christmas. While in Italy, our people are collecting items for food banks and hoping to beat last year’s collection of 1,400kg of food.
And teams in Spain have launched a Christmas campaign to donate toys and books to help children in need. While in the Netherlands our people have been decorating Christmas trees at the Emma Children’s hospital in Amsterdam and selling unique gifts to raise funds for Oxfam.
Chet Patel, President - Continental Europe, Global Services said “I strongly believe this is the tip of the iceberg, as many employees support charities outside work and are making a difference to the lives of those who need extra help. “It’s great to see their generosity and commitment and showing the world that we, as individuals and as a company, are making lives better.”
Recent European fundraisers include:
- a 50-strong team from Benelux cycling 4,000 kilometres to raise funds for the Heroes of the Cruyff Courts programme
- employees in Italy raising money for research on neurological diseases
- teams in Spain and Benelux supporting Giving Tuesday and World Food Day
- also in Spain, teams talking about computer security to children in hospital
- French employees backing a charity evening supporting children with heart defects.