BT Tower prize draw
Terms and conditions
The prize draw is open to any UK resident BT shareholder or EasyShare participant (EasyShare is provided by Equiniti Financial Services Limited), aged 18 or over who has signed-up as an e-shareholder by 31 October 2019. This means that you must both have your dividend paid directly to your nominated bank or building society and have signed up for e-communication.
2. Anyone materially connected to the administration of this Prize Draw incentive will be excluded from participating.
3. Entry into the prize draw is automatic. If you don’t want to be entered into the prize draw, you can opt out by:
- calling the Equiniti shareholder helpline on Freefone 0808 100 4141 (+ 44 121 415 7178 from outside the UK)*;
- emailing Equiniti direct to email@example.com or
- writing to Equiniti, Aspect House, Spencer Road, Lancing West Sussex BN99 6DA United Kingdom. You’ll need your shareholder reference which can be found on your share certificate, EasyShare statement or dividend confirmation.
The prize draw will run from 00.01 on 9 September 2019 until 23.59 on 31 October 2019. On 14 November 2019 (the ‘Draw Date’), 250 prize winners will be drawn at random from eligible entries.
5. The Promoter
The Promoter is British Telecommunications plc, 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ. Registered in England No. 1800000
6. The Prize
There are two hundred and fifty (250) prizes, each a trip up the BT Tower, Maple Street, London W1, for two people on Friday 7 February 2020. Winners will be able to select a preference for one of the specified time slots. Each slot will last approximately 1.5 hours. Refreshments will be provided. Travel and associated costs will not be reimbursed.
7. The prize is not transferable, and no cash alternative will be offered for the prize.
8. Under no circumstances can the prize be used for commercial purposes by any prize winner.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose the free prize draw without prior notice in the event that unforeseen circumstances make this unavoidable.
10. Invitations to attend the BT Tower will be issued, to each individual, by the Promoter.
11. All guests/attendees agree to comply with the BT Tower’s strict security arrangements both in terms of details required ahead of the date of the event and with respect to security checks and procedures prior to admission. This includes providing photographic ID and passing through an airport style security check on arrival.
12. BT Tower is a smoke free building and smoking is not permitted anywhere within the complex.
13. Acceptance of terms and conditions By entering this prize draw entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, and be bound by them. All decisions made by the Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the prize draw. No correspondence will be entered into.
14. Choosing the winners
The winners will be drawn at random and notified within 21 days after the Draw Date by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to re-draw the prizes if any of the prize-winners cannot be contacted within a reasonable period of time of the Draw Date (to be established at the Promoter’s sole discretion), does not wish to accept the prize. All prize draws will be supervised by an independent observer. The winner's name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Equiniti (details in paragraph 2 above) OR an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 60 (sixty) days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw (31 October 2019).
15. The prize draw and these terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant resulting from entering this competition or by an entrant's acceptance of the prize, or any damage to any entrant's or other person's computer or mobile phone equipment as a consequence of downloading any material relating to this promotion. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or fraud.
*Lines are open 8.30am to 5.30pm UK time, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays in England and Wales.