We’ve invested more than £10bn in our Openreach network in the last 10 years
Here are the facts about BT's broadband investment in Britain.
- The rollout of superfast broadband is one of the quickest and most ambitious anywhere in the world. And it’s available for all communications providers to use.
- More households are now using superfast broadband in the UK than in Germany, France, Italy or Spain.
- Nine out of ten UK homes have access to superfast broadband. And we’re adding another home every 30 seconds.
- Over 91% of UK premises have access to superfast broadband.
- We’re on track to help government achieve their target of 95% coverage by the end of 2017. And we want to go even further.
BT spends more on televised football rights than it invests in Britain’s infrastructure
That's simply not true. As our annual report shows, we spent roughly 3 times more on the Openreach network alone in 2015/16 than we did on football. And Consumer’s cash flow, after spending on all sports, is more than adequate to fund its investments in sports rights.
Openreach profits fund BT’s acquisition of sport rights
This is also untrue. Consumer funded its own acquisition of sports rights. And its cash flow, after spending on all sports, is more than adequate to fund its investments in sports rights.
Did you know?
- Openreach will be investing an additional £30m to improve processes, systems, tools and in reskilling our people to improve Ethernet delivery
- More British companies say that digital infrastructure has improved than any other area in the UK economy. BT is proud to have played our part and we will continue to invest in the UK’s digital future.